• CommentAuthorAmit17
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2014

Repository.CurrentThreadRepository throws an IO.FileNotFoundException in geobase version 4.1 while it did not throw any error in an older version 3.9.5.1.

Due to this the map has stopped opening when there is no map file(GBFS) put in the output folder. However it did work fine in the older version.
    Hi Amit,

This was an issue introduced in version 4.1, that has been resolved in version 4.1.5

You can download the 4.1.5 hotfix from the following location: http://dev.telogis.com/gbfile/releases/64vzhn7c/hotfix4.1.5.zip

Or you can download the latest hotfix 4.1.16 from the following location: http://dev.telogis.com/gbfile/releases/p3sr37vk/Silverlight4.1.16.zip

Please let us know if the problem persists or if we can be of any further assistance.

In future for a faster response, you can contact us at gbsupport@telogis.com

Kind Regards,

Rob Dawson

Telogis Support Engineer
    • CommentAuthorAmit17
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2014

Hi Rob,

I have downloaded the hotfix 4.1.5 version and replaced the geobase.net.dll and geobase.dll files in my project. But then it is throwing a TypeInitialization Exception at the same place i.e. Repository.CurrentThreadRepository.

It is important to note that all these exceptions are thrown when Telogis is not installed into the system and we are just referencing the dlls in our system, however as soon as Telogis is installed Repository.CurrentThreadRepository is initialized and everything works fine and .

Regards
    Amit
    Hi Amit,

The TypeInitialization Exception occurs when there are mismatching DLL versions in the project. To avoid this simply clean the solution before rebuilding with the new DLLs.

Kind regards,

Rob Dawson

Telogis Support Engineer
    • CommentAuthorAmit17
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2014

Hi Rob,

There is still no progress on this and we are still getting the same FileNotFoundException, sorry for the late reply as I was busy on something else these days.

Regards
    Amit Dubey
    • CommentAuthorRob Dawson
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2014

Hi Amit,

A couple of questions to help me diagnose the issue. For your application are you using GeoBase or GeoStream? If you're using GeoStream, which version of the client are you running? C# or JavaScript? Also how are you declaring your repository?

Kind regards,

Rob Dawson

Telogis Support Engineer
    • CommentAuthorAmitN
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2014

Hi Rob,

For our application we use "GeoBase".
    and We use C# programming language to interact with it.
    Could you please elaborate about Repository?

Regards
    Amit Nautiyal
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2014

Hi Amit,

If you email us at gbsupport@telogis.com we will be able to exchange code samples and discuss this directly to get your issue resolved.

When emailing us, if you could provide the line of code that is generating the IO.FileNotFoundException that will help us diagnose the issue.

Kind regards,

Rob Dawson

Telogis Support Engineer
    • CommentAuthorD. Saylor
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2014

Hello, we are also having this problem. We have downloaded the hotfix4.1.5.zip and still get the same exception, shown below:

We are using it on WPF with .NET 4.5.

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException occurred
    HResult=-2146233087
    Message='The invocation of the constructor on type 'MyApp.Controls.MyMap' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.' Line number '598' and line position '34'.
    Source=PresentationFramework
    LineNumber=598
    LinePosition=34
    StackTrace:
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
    at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
    at MyApp.Screens.GpsScreen.InitializeComponent() in c:\SVN\MyApp1.6\MyApp\Screens\GpsScreen.xaml:line 1
    at MyApp.Screens.GpsScreen..ctor() in c:\SVN\MyApp1.6\MyApp\Screens\GpsScreen.xaml.cs:line 28
    InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    HResult=-2147024894
    Message=The repository path does not exist or is not a folder, ".\gb.4.1"
    Source=geobase.net
    StackTrace:
    at Telogis.GeoBase.Internal.xdc1af3a17717bf0a.x5a72c86daa2c9d3f(GBError xc685eed2987781a2, IntPtr x20d2c8e49f262f0e)
    at Telogis.GeoBase.Repositories.x71b98b8d5eaa253c.x8a0fd8cd115acee7()
    at Telogis.GeoBase.Repositories.Repository.get_Default()
    at Telogis.GeoBase.Repositories.Repository.get_CurrentThreadRepository()
    at Telogis.GeoBase.Map.get_MapRepository()
    at Telogis.GeoBase.Map.get_x5a2f233c9014d45f()
    at Telogis.GeoBase.Map.get_MapQuality()
    at Telogis.GeoBase.WPF.MapControl.InitializeMap()
    at Telogis.GeoBase.WPF.MapControl..ctor()
    at MyApp.Controls.MyMap..ctor()
    InnerException:
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2014

Hi D. Saylor,

Can you confirm your basemap data files are located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Telogis\GeoBase\GeoBaseResources\Data\gb.4.1

Depending on the previous version of Geobase you had installed, your basemap data files may not be in the correct location. For example, if you had 3.9.7 installed previously, your basemap data files would be located: C:\Program Files (x86)\Telogis\GeoBase\GeoBaseResources\Data\gb.3.9

If that doesn't resolve the issue, you could try installing the 4.1.16 hotfix: http://dev.telogis.com/gbfile/releases/p3sr37vk/Silverlight4.1.16.zip

Please let us know how you get on, or if we can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Rob Dawson

Telogis Support Engineer
    • CommentAuthorD. Saylor

The system does not have any GBFS files. That was the client's decision. Normally the files are in the same directory as our application. I have that directory on my development machine, but is empty. Should I consider creating that directory to be a workaround?

I saw the note about the hotfix above, but I was confused by the Silverlight name on it. Our app is for WPF -- is the hotfix applicable?

Hi D. Saylor,

Sorry, my mistake with the Silverlight link:

http://dev.telogis.com/gbfile/releases/rq66n39y/hotfix4.1.16.zip

Try installing the hotfix, if the problem persists, then try creating the empty directory:

Telogis\GeoBase\GeoBaseResources\Data\gb.4.1

If the problem still persists, please contact us directly at gbsupport@telogis.com and we can investigate further.

Kind regards,

Rob Dawson

Telogis Support Engineer
    We were also using GeoBase 4.1 and had the same fail with Repository.CurrentThreadRepository throwing an IO.FileNotFoundException.

An update to 4.2 resolved the problem. Thanks :-)